Thank you to all the parents, students, tutors and MEP volunteers who assisted to yesterday’s kick-off meeting.
Some of questions that were answered then:
- The MEP program is approved for the NSW Creative Kids Voucher 😀
- Rock Band rehearsals (weekly) are during class time***.
- The String ensemble is a “classical” string ensemble – with violin, viola, cello and double-bass. A classical guitar may be considered – on audition only.
- New students are welcome to join the RoseVox choir, Percussion ensemble, Junior Concert Band and String Ensemble this week. There is no formal deadline for joining – the earlier the better. If unsure – go in and give it a try. Calendar here.
- The MEP Tutors provide their (weekly) lessons at school – during classes ***. You are free to take lessons with other tutors outside of school of course.
- If you play guitar in a rock band and want to join the concert band as your CORE ensemble – you must pick (and learn with a tutor) another instrument suitable for ensemble playing. The Bass is the most obvious choice for guitar players (but not the only one).
- The MEP can loan a few instruments (bass/guitar and of course drums and keyboards…) for practice at the school – but you must have your own at home.
- There is a limited number of scholarships available to encourage students to pickup a LOW Brass instrument. (Sousaphone, Trombone etc). Contact Murray for more details.
- If you haven’t done it yet – please fill out the Expression of Interest Form. This is also for returning students please.
*** Rock band practice and school-approved tutoring sessions are organized with a “permutation” schedule so that students do not miss repeatedly the same subject. The school administration is involved to manage the roll-call impact.